Your privacy is important to us. This policy sets out how we collect and process your personal data through the www.leeduncan.com website.
By providing your contact data, you warrant that you are over 13 years old.
The data controller for this website is Energising Business Limited, referenced with “we”, “us” and “our” in this policy. The data protection officer is Lee Duncan, who looks after data protection and privacy matters for the business. Our business details are as follows:
Energising Business Limited, company number 05105887, VAT number 834 9175 05
Postal address: 14 Kettering Road, Isham, Kettering, Northants NN14 1HQ
You may contact the data protection officer by
email: lee (at) leeduncan.com, replacing the (at) with the @ symbol as per email convention.
Telephone: 0800 206 2216
How Do We Collect Personal Information, What Personal Information is Collected, For What Purpose is it Collected, On What Grounds Do We Process It…
Personal data includes any information that could be used to identify an individual. It does not cover anonymised data, which cannot be used to identify the individual.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of data about you:
- Communication Data that you send to us through the contact forms on the website, or using email, SMS texts, or other messaging systems including social media. The data is processed for communicating with you, record-keeping and where necessary to protect the company in the event of pursuing or defending legal action.
Lawful Grounds: Legitimate Interests – we have reasonable need to process this data in order to operate our business.
- Customer Data that you provide via web forms, telephone or in person, including details of what you purchase from us, dates and details, billing and shipping address, email address and phone number, invoices, and card details. We process this in order to fulfil your orders and also for record keeping.
Lawful Grounds: To provide goods and services to you.
- Computer/Visitor Information is collected when you visit the website and further data may be collected from third parties including, but not limited to, payment processors, advertising networks and analytics services based inside or outside the EU and Britain (for example Stripe, Paypal, Facebook, Google Adwords, Google Analytics). This information may include your IP address, country and city, device and browser type, network information, referral source, duration and frequency of visits, and number of page views and other technical information. The information is gathered by our analytics system. We process this information to better understand your use of our website and its contents and to help us to improve the website, its content and our services.
Lawful Grounds: Legitimate Interests – in order to inform our marketing and sales strategies, to manage and improve the website, and to improve and grow our business.
- Marketing Data including your preferences for receiving marketing from us and your preferences for how we communicate with you. We use this data to allow you to participate in any competitions or promotions we may offer, and to allow you to receive relevant information including our email newsletters. We may use the information to help us advertise relevant services and products to you, either on this website or via advertising networks on other websites, including but not limited to Facebook Ads and the Google Display Network. We may also use the information to determine the effectiveness of our advertising.
Lawful Grounds: Legitimate Interests – we advertise in order for our business to grow.
- Application Information – When you apply for a coaching conversation and complete a set of questions relating to your business, including goals, challenges, financial data about the business performance or other information that you choose to provide may be stored in our database. Purpose of this information is to provide appropriate information for a conversation with you prior to suggesting a suitable service/product.
Lawful Grounds: Legitimate Interests – we need certain information to inform discussions with potential clients.
Your information will never be sold, rented or given away to anybody. You can unsubscribe at any time from the mailing list using an “unsubscribe” link at the foot of each email we send.
Special Category and Sensitive Information
Special Category data is defined by the Information Commissioner’s website as data that is more sensitive and needs more protection. This website does not collect data of this nature. Specifically, this website does not collect or process personally identifiable information about race, ethnic origin, politics, religion, trade union membership, genetic data, biometrics, health, or information about people’s sex life or sexual orientation.
Cookies On This Website
This site uses browser cookies for three main purposes.
- Performance. To help us optimise the performance of the site, aggregated into reports for example to see how long visitors typically spend on the website and how many pages they typically visit.They are also used to help us understand how well each page performs in terms of conversion rates for different sources of traffic, including among others, search engines, referrals from other sites, Adwords and Facebook.Performance cookies in use include Facebook Pixels, Adwords Conversion Tracking Codes and Google Analytics Code.
- Retargeting. Sometimes we may show adverts to people who have visited the website using third-party advertising networks. A cookie is used to identify these people to those ad networks and will be used to show adverts promoting Energising Business Ltd and Lee Duncan on third party websites for those networks.Retargeting cookies currently in use on this website include Google Adwords Retargeting Code and the Facebook Pixel.
You can choose to opt out of advertising cookies on the cookie settings page.
How to Opt Out of Behaviour-Based Advertising Based on Cookies
You may opt out of retargeting from this website and many others by opting out of behaviour-based advertising. You can do this by visiting the European Digital Advertising Alliance and adjusting your settings.
When you enter your email address and name, you will be added to our database. We send out regular emails as follows:
- None-promotional emails such as business advice and stories
- Promotional emails for products and services offered by Energising Business Ltd. These will always relate to the purpose of the site, i.e. information, strategies, instructions, ideas, methods and tactics on business management and growth topics
- We may send you occasional information about offers we receive from other firms and partners that we think represent a good investment for your business to help you grow.
- Invitations to events, including virtual events such as webinars and real-world training events where business growth strategies will be discussed and products or services may be promoted.
You will not receive emails unrelated to business from Energising Business Ltd. All our efforts are engaged in helping you to have a more successful and enjoyable business.
You will always be able to opt-out of advertising emails using the Unsubscribe button at the bottom of every email.
Disclosure and Sharing of Your Information
We will provide access to your information to our employees, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where reasonably necessary for the purposes required to deliver our services and as laid out in this policy.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
All website financial transactions are handled through payment services providers listed below, with links to their privacy policies.
- Stripe – https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
- Paypal – https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Infusionsoft – https://www.infusionsoft.com/legal/privacy-policy
Storage of Data
Information that we collect may be stored, processed in and transferred between the countries in which the website is hosted. Companies that store the information collected will be reputable organisations.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may obviously be available around the world to any Internet user.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers via a service operated by respected, professional third party service providers. We do not handle financial transactions directly ourselves, these are all dealt with via a third party such as Paypal and so their security processes and technologies are used.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. While we take reasonable measures to ensure data security, like other services we cannot offer protection from unknown bugs and malicious attackers and hackers except to take reasonable measures to maintain software up to date and to use only reputable third-party services.
You are responsible for keeping any password and user details confidential.
You may request that we provide you any personal information we hold about you. Such requests should be submitted to the Data Protection Officer.
You may opt out from marketing at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our marketing emails.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content on these sites, their privacy policies or the data collection of these, or any other, third policy websites.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
The contents of this statement may be altered at any time, at our discretion.